Thursday 7 March 2013

Editing Diary Entry - Tuesday 5th and Thursday 7th March




(Top Centre) - 1st Part of opening sequence on timeline.
(Bottom Centre) - 2nd Part of opening sequence on timeline.

^^^^Work from Thursday 7th March


Tuesday 5th March:

After finishing filming the footage for my opening sequence, I have uploaded them on to 'Final Cut Pro' and I started to put them together in the ideal order from my script. I viewed through them to see which ones were rubbish and which ones were good for my opening sequence. I got rid of the footage that were rubbish or were useless. 

Next time, I will begin to add titles and music to my sequence, as well as making changes from feedback given from a tutor. I will also make footage shorter, as my original uploading lasted 3 and a half minutes.


Thursday 7th March:



Today, I have added titles and music that are appropriate for the genre of my opening sequence. I used the 'T' tool to place the text in the right place of the scene, so the audience knows what titles I have included in my piece. I chose the font that would be most suitable for the target audience of my film, as well as the music. I have also made my footage shorter (from 3 and a half to 2 and a half minutes), using the 'blade' tool to cut off parts of the footage I didn't need, the 'modify - retime' tool to speed up or slow down some parts of the footage and the 'select' tool to move each clip I have recorded in the right order of what I hoped for. I have also made some other changes from what my tutor has given me to make the opening sequence a lot more effective and more of a interest to watch by others.

Next time, I will finish all of the tasks that my tutor has set me and to upload my rough cut on to the blog.   









No comments:

Post a Comment